Wills and Trusts
The making of a Will is extremely important if you want to ensure that your wishes are carried out after your days.
We will discuss your wishes in great detail ensuring you take advantage of any inheritance planning available to your requirements and/or needs.
At Richards Thomas we are fully aware that losing a loved one can be a very traumatic and difficult time. We are therefore here to provide advice and support whether or not the deceased person has left a Will or not.
We also know that trying to administer and wind up someone’s estate, dealing with Inheritance Tax liability and beneficiaries oneself, can be an extremely daunting, stressful and complex matter. We therefore provide a service to take the hassle away from you and provide:-
- advice on the terms of the Will or the Rules of Intestacy if the deceased has died without a Will
- advice on Inheritance Tax, Reliefs or exemptions available
- attending to having all the deceased assets valued as at the date of death
- completing Inheritance Tax forms if applicable
- applying for the Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration
- encashing and realising all assets
- paying debts or other liabilities
- completing Income Tax returns during the administration period
- paying legacies
- dealing with HM Revenue & Customs in finalising Inheritance Tax
- advice and preparation of Deed of Variation (if applicable) and
- distributing and finalising the Estate